Friday 18 June 2010

A Beginning, ( saying it outloud.)

Sometimes you have to just dive in, sometimes hestitating until everything is just perfect can take a life time.
A while ago I had a short email conversation with a talented designer who told me that sometimes, you just have to "say it outloud".
Inspired by that clever lady, and by some other talented art bloggers here I am, about to scare the poop out of myself by sharing this creative experience with anyone interested enough to follow along.
I have a lot to learn, but I'm not gonna learn anything by simply dreaming, so here goes, the beginnings......

print3

print4

print6

daisy scatter1

daisy scatter3

strawberry scatter

These are not perfect, I have a lot more work to do, but it's a beginning. I think I want to develop the fruit print into a border print with leaves and vines. I also want to experiment with scale, especially with the daisy motif.
I've got to a point where I need to stop playing on the pc (a huge huge learning curve for me, which I'm scared is very apparent.) and get back to some drawing and collage work.

I couldn't resist having a little play with some possible co ordinates though.

ditsy heart 2

ditsy heart pink

ditsy heart blue

Oh and I'm imagining these all printed on cotton lawn , at least I am at the moment.

5 comments:

  1. Yay for just diving in!

    Those prints would make great little girl (or big girl!) clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you :)
    Have fun with this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jeanette
    these are fab, what a great beginning.
    lesley :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh I adore the apples (are they apples?) and the mixed fruit and flowers one :~))

    The flowers always make me think that they've got a cherry on them like a lovely sticky bun!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just one word to describe them all - beautiful.

    ReplyDelete