Sunday 12 August 2012

Special Occasion Gowns

I adore antique baby gowns, as any of my friends unfortunate enough to go vintage shopping with me will tell you. I love the feel of the fine cotton, and often have to restrain myself from buying every one I see, though maybe one day I could just collect them and start up a little museum....
Inspired by antique baby gowns, I've designed these simple, but I hope you'll agree beautiful gowns for new born babies.
Each one is made using Flossie's Garden fabrics, mostly fine cotton lawn, (which I think has now been replaced by Spoonflower with cotton voile).
 Untitled
 Special Occassion Gown
Untitled
Untitled
 Special Occassion Gown.
Untitled
Special Occassion Gown.


I have also added some short tunics, which could be teamed with soft woollen footed leggings and cardigan, or if you are lucky enough to live in a warm climate little cotton bloomers.
 Newborn Baby Tunic with lace trim
 Untitled
 Baby Tunic
Untitled

All of these, and more will be on display and for sale at the Handmade Market in Stockport on 19th August. Please come along.
Untitled 

No comments:

Post a Comment